DVBViewer Recording Service is an addition for the DVBViewer Pro. Addition means it belongs to the DVBViewer software family and is meant to be used only be customers of the DVBViewer Pro.
The DVBViewer Recording Service is a native Windows service. It can start the machine from Hibernate/Standby for recordings without needing DVB Task Scheduler or other programs and works even if no user is logged on to Windows.
It executes programmed recordings with a very low system load in the background without DVBViewer running.
Main Features :
- It is based on DVBViewer Technology, all DVB devices working in the DVBViewer also work with the service (Exception: Unicast/Multicast Network devices).
- All settings of the Recording Service can be done in the Service Configuration Program, which can be started with the right click popup menu of the tray icon in the system tray
- It has a web interface with extensive possibilities to browse the EPG, program timers (via EPG), manage recordings and search in the EPG. From your local network as well as the internet.
- The recording engine is the same as used in the DVBViewer Pro. The parental control PIN if needed for recording has to be put into the svcuserdata.xml file.
- It can stream live TV and recordings into the LAN or internet through the webinterface, either native or transcoded (with the help of VLC Player). These streams can be played with VLC, MPC and WMP.
- It can stream live TV or recordings to the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- It has a special web interface for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- The automatic EPG Update keeps your EPG up to date if there is a free DVB device it can use. It regularly collects the EPG of all transponders and can also process MediaHighway or FreeSat EPG.
Note: DVBViewer Recording Service can be download it for free from the members area after the purchasing process of DVBViewer Pro.